Sunday, November 30, 2008

giving thanks

Drew and I spent Thanksgiving in St. Louis with my family. I love Thanksgiving. This year, I spent some time really thinking about how much I have to be grateful for. And there is a LOT. I won't list all of them, but here are a few categories:
  1. I am thankful for the people and animals in my life.
  2. I am thankful for the opportunities I have to grow and improve.
  3. I am thankful for the material blessings that have given me much comfort and pleasure over the past year.
  4. I am thankful for my job and the chance I have had to make a difference in the lives of children on a daily basis.
  5. I am thankful for a Creator who revels in my unique personality and accepts me and loves me for who I am.
  6. I am thankful to live in a world that still has so much beauty and wonder.
I realize this blog has become somewhat of a way for me to express what I don't like. So, there are at least six things I do like to balance it out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment