Saturday, October 25, 2008

matthew 7:7-8

For a while, I was so burnt on religion that I couldn't even bring myself to read the Bible or listen to a sermon or even sing praise songs without getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was so turned off.

But God didn't give up on me. He used the people around me to remind me that He loves and cares for me. He eventually brought me to a place where I could experience healing and hope. He made it possible for me to find my way back to Him.

I am still on my way back to Him, but I'm okay with that. At least I can now start searching for some answers and try to figure out what I believe for myself. Not that other people don't have valid insights into God...I've just been listening for too long. Now I'm looking for answers to my own questions. And I believe I will find the answers. The reason I believe is because of what God says in Matthew 7:7-8:

"Ask and it will be given to you;
Seek and you will find;
Knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
He who seeks finds;
And to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

1 comment:

  1. Hi STS,
    As your daddyjoe, I just want to encourage you in your "way back". God loves you supremely and so do I...those are rocks you can build your house of faith on...will bew watching and enjoying your journey along with you.

    ReplyDelete